Stock Screening and Charting Software
You will find many stock screening and stock charting tools on the web but there are none that can match the flexibility, speed, and power of Chartsmart. Click on video tour now or download Chartsmart and take a free 30 day no-obligation trial. Chartsmart installs on your PC, rather than running on the web, hence screening is fast. In addition, your personal settings, filters, and watch lists are kept private, on your computer, not on the cloud. You only use the internet to download your daily end-of-day data updates in seconds, which are available around 4:30 Pacific time. Having served investors for over 25 years, Chartsmart covers most U.S. and Canadian exchanges.
Along with our preset screens, you can create your own custom screens by combining fundamental and technical screening criteria. For example, in seconds screen out cash rich, high revenue growth stocks, trading at year lows, and breaking into uptrends. Then scroll through the selected charts, saving the ones you like to your personal watch lists. Chartsmart will allow you to do backtesting of the custom screens you make, hence you can compare their performance.
This video on screening dividends and EPS is an example of how Chartsmart screens work. Chartsmart will do stock screens that are virtually unimaginable. You can also watch our detailed introductory video, you can see how to run a basic screen with Chartsmart in this short video.
So take your 30 day no-obligation free trial and download Chartsmart now. We do not require a credit card. Just try it, and if you like it, let us know. If you need help email us at email@example.com and a technician will answer your questions or give you some remote support. You can also check out our webinars under support. If you are wondering what other people think of Chartsmart, take a look at this review done on Chartsmart or read up on a published Chartsmart interview. All you really need to do is check out our testimonials.
Here are some Chartsmart Basic Features
- Runs under all versions of Windows. Chartsmart will not work on a MAC operating system.
- Includes NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX, TSX, TSX VENTURE, and some OTCBB
- Includes US and Canadian ETFS. Select to screen them separately or even exclude ETFS from your screens.
- Screen on fundamental variables like EPS growth, revenue, financial ratios.
- Screen on technical indicators like Moving Avg crossovers, RSI, ADX, Stochastics, MACD, Bollinger Bands, Williams, ADX, and more.
- Quite possibly the best end-of-day stock screening and charting tool available today covering Canadian and U.S. equities.
- Chartsmart is an amazing screener for penny stocks! Screen for cash rich Canadian Junior penny stocks.
- Customize your own screening formulas by selecting from 100's of variables. You can even create your own custom candlestick screens
- Exclusive feature to Chartsmart! Screen the TREND on various indicators. e.g. Screen for all stocks where the RSI today>70, 5 days ago<40, and 10 days ago<30. You will find this feature in no other product.
- Screen any combination of 150 industry groups.
- Screen for stocks with stock splits/new listings and more.
- Screen our candlestick chart patterns.
- Run your screens then scroll through detailed OHLC or Candlestick charts. Arithmetic or Semi-log.
- Plots fundamentals like revenue, cash, and inventory right on the charts. This is a unique feature because it enables you to see the change in price on the chart relative to earnings or revenue growth.
- Create unlimited portfolios and watch lists.
- Filter Arrow Alerts - red sell signal arrows and green buy signal arrows when various indicators occur such as MACD crossovers.
- Use the internet to download end-of-day data in less than 1 minute. Then you can take your PC anywhere and do your analysis without being on-line.
- Create a filtered list of symbols using Chartsmart then REFORMAT the symbology with Chartsmart to match other software you may be using. You can then import the symbols into your other software. For example, run a screen for stocks that have positive earnings and dividends over 3%, reformat the symbols, then import them into other software.
- Export your end-of-day daily and historical stock data to popular file formats.
- Chartsmart has been around for over 25 years and is a great product. If you need remote support to help install, or answer questions, email us and a technician can help you.
- One of the newest features in Chartsmart is printing charts to pdf. Here is an example of
4 charts per page.
In essence, you can print all the stocks in your filtered list (eg. 143 companies) to pdfs thereby creating your own stock chartbook with Chartsmart! This is amazing to us because Chartsmart owned Independent Survey Company, the first provider of stock Chartbooks in Canada over 50 years ago. We have gone even further so that you can print to pdf an 8 year weekly chart with the fundamentals on one page. You could for example make a filtered list of 78 stocks and print 78 pdfs automatically for each stock
like this one for MSFT.
Chartsmart Features Related to Screening Capabilities
- Just to show the flexibility of Chartsmart screens, you can for example draw trendlines on 100 charts that you may be watching. Then run a screen on them to determine which ones have crossed the trendlines. We are unaware of any other software that can do this. This feature is just like technical analysts use to do years ago on chart books (P.S. Chartsmart years ago was the supplier of the famous red industrial and blue mining chartbooks).
- We include a number of prepared lists like the symbols for all US ETFS, CDN ETFS, or the symbols that are constituents of various Canadian and US INDEX groups. You can then select to screen stocks in these custom lists and then do further screens on them. If you have a list that you would like included in the software, let us know (i.e. Cannibas stocks)
- Of course there are the more common screens such as stocks having volume breakouts, prices near their year high or low, issued cap, and so on. You can mix and match technical and fundamental screens as you wish.
- Going further, there are many screens for popular indicator events such as setting the RSI14 over 70 or Bollinger Band Breakouts and so on.
- Combine your fundamental screens such as dividend growth, earnings growth, and so on with technical screens.
- Once you have created your own custom lists of say 175 stocks you are watching, you can use it as a template on which to do screens. For example you could specify the ones in your List that are near year lows. This might be 23 stocks which you can save in a new List.
- If you have multiple lists for example A with 240 stocks and B with 480 stocks, you can combine them and create a resulting list that has the stocks that are common between them.
- Chartsmart has as many as 50 premade candlestick screens you can apply.
- The previous examples are only the beginning. Now consider that you can customize virtually any screen. For example many software tools will allow you to say screen for RSI over 70 but how about over time. Specifically you might want to screen stocks where the RSI is going up fast and specify it is now over 80 but 5 days ago it was under 50 and 10 days ago it was under 30. Chartsmart includes backtest files which keep all previous screen values so you can create screens in a sense 3 dimensionaly. You can create them over time.
- You can also for example create your own screens for candlesticks. You could say for example that todays high is within 5% of yesterdays low and yesterdays close is no more than 20% from the low of the range between the high and low of the previous day.
- Screen out stocks with keywords in the news releases or headlines. For example, PRIVATE PLACEMENT or PLATINUM.
- The list goes on and on. Create unlimited screens with a virtual unlimited number of combinations limited only to your imagination. Then scroll through the charts that are generated by your screens placing the ones you like in new lists as you prefer. Chartsmart is an amazing screener and manager that helps you pin down and monitor the stocks on US and Canadian exchanges that meet your preferences.
- Under the SPECIAL tab in the filter menu you can screen out stocks that have had stock splits in any period you specify, then run further screens on the group. Going further you can do the same thing with new listings if you just want to screen them. Even specify that either the headline or content of a news release had a keyword like "Private Placement" and Chartsmart will screen out only those stocks.
Start Your 30-Day Free Trial Today! Take The Video Tour and Learn More