Stock Screening Software and Stock Charting Software
Few stock screeners can match the flexibility and speed of Chartsmart. Screen from over 14,000 Canadian and U.S. securities. Chartsmart installs on your PC so stock screening is fast, and your custom settings are kept secure. Daily end-of-day data updates are available at about 4:20 Pacific. Use our preset screens, or create custom screens, by combining hundreds of fundamental and technical screening criteria. Screen out cash rich, high revenue growth stocks, at year lows, and breaking into uptrends. Then scroll through the charts and save the ones you like to your personal watch lists. Find stocks with adequate cash, book value, and working capital, while at the same time ensuring revenues, earnings growth, and dividends. You can even create your own formulas to draw relationships between criteria. For example, you could specify that the stock has more cash per share than it's current trading price. You can easily combine fundamental screens with technical screens such as moving average crossovers, bollinger band breakouts, MACD crossovers, and many more. Chartsmart excels as a screener for Canadian penny stocks, but is equally powerful for screening through U.S. blue chips stocks in extreme detail. There are other stock charting tools out there, and stock screeners, but none can bring it all together for you like Chartsmart.
One of the main reasons Chartsmart exists is that we use Chartsmart ourselves. Nevertheless, if you try Chartsmart, we will quickly respond by email to your questions with the care that you deserve. We want you to have the opportunity to try Chartsmart with no strings attached and no obligation. Therefore we do not require your email or any credit card information. Start your 30 day free trial and download Chartsmart now. If you need some extra time email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If Chartsmart is not for you, then we thank you in advance for taking the time to check it out. Though unrelated to Chartsmart, you may want to view a philanthropic web site created by the developer of Chartsmart called Life and Earth. It deals with how important it is that countries cooperate as we deal with the side effects of our technologies such as nuclear proliferation, risks related to AI, and climate change. The "Life and Earth Project" was created whereby the web page is done as a book and sent to world leaders and influential individuals across the planet.
A) Watch this video on
screening dividends and EPS.
B) You can also watch our detailed introductory video (41.15 minutes).
C) Watch this video with stock screening examples (8.25 minutes).
D) Watch this video on screening Canadian Penny Stocks (37 minutes).
E) View this recent 2020 review done on Chartsmart by Warrior Trading.
F) Read this published Chartsmart interview by Stockhouse.
If you have been a Canadian Investor for over 20 years, you probably remember the very first RED Industrial and BLUE Mining and Oils stock chartbooks available over 65 years ago, by the Independent Survey Company. Chartsmart took over ISC and though we no longer produce chartbooks, with Chartsmart you can virtually print your own chartbook containing the stocks in your watch lists. Click here to see how you can batch print stock charts, 4 per page from your filtered list. Or click here to see how you can print pages with a stock chart and its fundamentals. Print all the stocks in your filtered list to pdfs thereby creating your own stock chartbook with Chartsmart! If you were to have 160 companies in your filtered list, you could print them, with all your custom indicators, to pdfs with 4 charts per page.
Chartsmart has a sophisticated stock backtesting system which allows you to backtest your stock screens. For example, select 7 of your favorite technical stock screens (e.g. MACD crossovers, candlestick patterns, etc.), and compare their performance for each day over any 10 day period. You can look for the stock screens that give the highest rate of return over the period, or any day in the period. This feature is possible because we keep the daily backtest files that hold the screening data. This is an example video that discusses how backtesting is done with Chartsmart, though the selected stock screens used are quite random and much better screens can be determined with some effort by the user.
- Runs under all versions of Windows but not on a MAC Operating System.
- Includes NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX, TSX, and TSX VENTURE.
- Screen on fundamental variables like EPS growth, revenue, financial ratios. Screen on technical indicators like Moving Avg crossovers, RSI, ADX, Stochastics, MACD, Bollinger Bands, Williams, ADX, and more.
- Chartsmart is an amazing screener for penny stocks! Screen for cash rich Canadian Junior penny stocks.
- Customize your own screening formulas by selecting from 100's of variables. You can even create your own custom candlestick screens
- Screen any combination of 150 industry groups.
- Screen for stocks with stock splits/new listings and more.
- Scroll through detailed OHLC or Candlestick charts. Arithmetic or Semi-log.
- Plots fundamentals like revenue, cash, and inventory right on the charts. This is a unique feature because it enables you to see the change in price on the chart relative to earnings or revenue growth.
- Create unlimited portfolios and watch lists.
- Filter Arrow Alerts - red sell signal arrows and green buy signal arrows when various indicators occur such as MACD crossovers.
- Export your end-of-day daily and historical stock data to popular file formats.
- Draw trendlines on 100 charts that you may be watching. Then run a screen on them to determine which ones have crossed the trendlines.
- We include prepared lists like the symbols for all US ETFS, CDN ETFS, or the symbols that are constituents of various Canadian and US INDEX groups. Screen stocks in these custom lists and then do further screens on them.
- Combine your fundamental screens such as dividend growth, earnings growth, and so on with technical screens.
- Once you have created your own custom lists of say 175 stocks you are watching, you can use it as a template on which to do screens. For example you could specify the ones in your List that are near year lows. This might be 23 stocks which you can save in a new List.
- If you have multiple lists for example A with 240 stocks and B with 480 stocks, and list C with 111 stocsk, combine them and create a list of only stocks common to them, or create a new list that contains stocks found in all the lists.
- Chartsmart has as many as 50 premade candlestick screens you can apply.
- Some stock screeners will allow you to screen for RSI over 70, but how about over time? Chartsmart enables you to screen not just on the value of an indicator, but also on its rate of change. For example, specify that the 14 day RSI is currently over 80 but 5 days ago it was under 50 and 10 days ago it was under 30. This feature uses our daily backtesting stock screening files.
- Create your own screens for candlesticks. You could specify, for example, that todays high is within 5% of yesterdays low and yesterdays close is no more than 20% from the low of the range between the high and low of the previous day.